News & Events
Together with our project group of the H2020 Results Booster (NONTOX, CREAToR, PLAST2bCLEANED and REACT), we co-organized the webinar to discuss innovative methods for plastic treatment. The project group works together to identify synergies and work on a joint policy brief. Taken the group together, some impressive numbers upfront:
Incredible 124 participants have joined the event to hear the project showcases of the following topics and their way forward:
- Toolbox of technologies to recycle the hazardous plastics (NONTOX, link to presentation)
- Recycling of Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and High Impact Polystyrene (HiPS), bromine and antimony trioxide from Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment plastics (PLAST2bCLEANED, link to presentation)
- Collection of raw materials, removal of flame retardants and reuse of secondary raw materials (CREAToR, link to presentation)
- Recycling Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) from post-consumer flooring waste (Circular Flooring, link to presentation)
- Management of waste acrylic textiles coming from outdoor awnings and furnishing (REACT, link to presentation)
Thomas Diefenhardt of Fraunhofer Institute for Process Engineering and Packaging (IVV) presented the latest results of Circular Flooring and discussed their relevance and needs for future policy recommendations in the final plenary session. The event has been recorded and can be watched on our YouTube channel.
We want to thank all participants for the fruitful discussion and many questions, as well as our project group for joint efforts, but especially the H2020 Results Booster for helping us organizing the webinar!